Doula Certification Program
An education centered around traditional medicine practices and ancestral wisdom.
Original Instructions School is proud to now be offering our comprehensive and well rounded Full Spectrum Doula Certification Program which offers certification for Birth and Postpartum Doulas!
Our Full Spectrum Doula certification program is designed with a commitment to equipping our students with an expansive knowledge of both the biological and medical process of birth as well as with an active connection to the wisdom of grandmothers past regarding women's reproductive health through both in-person workshop-style learning as well as long-distance projects and mentorship. In addition to completing all in person and long distance classroom hours, students receiving one of our OIS Full Spectrum Doula certification must be signed off on their required reading and hands-on skills by our instructors.
Original Instructions educator Brittany Jade along with other guest instructors will train and inform attendees how to support and advocate for mothers and their families during
- Postpartum period
Students receiving their Original Instructions Doula Certification are also taught to
- Practice herbal medicine and make medicinal spritzers, balms, baths, remedies and more
- Process placentas (including encapsulation)
- Address and care for a history of sexual trauma with clients
- Support women experiencing a miscarriage or stillbirth
- Advocate for the reproductive rights of clients
- Provide lactation support and resources