Our online postpartum Doula certification program consists of twelve online lessons (including this one) which include printed text, images, videos, photos, relevant links and other multimedia learning materials. Each time you complete your lesson you will receive feedback for that lesson along with your next lesson. This online program also includes:
- 12 instructional lessons (18 hours) of videos, text, activities, and assignments
- 4 hour-long live lessons with Original Instructions teachers and guest speakers
- 2 thirty minute-long personalized coaching sessions via phone call
- Lessons and live webinar classes with our Original Instructions teachers, as well as with guest speakers and practitioners from across the globe.
- Traditional storytelling, medicine songs, and other ceremonies relevant to birth and reproductive health
Once you have satisfactorily completed all of your online/ live lessons as well as our required reading list for Module 2 you will receive our Scope of Practice and Standards of Care Agreement to review and sign before being issued your Original Instructions Postpartum Doula Certificate.
We have designed our Doula certification training is designed to assist us in remembering how to integrate teachings we receive from storytelling and our own personal empirical knowledge. Original Instructions Doulas must learn to use their hands, voices and inner eye as tools for their practices. In order for that to occur one must be operating from a neutral state in which they will not unduly interject their own personal experiences and/or traumas into their client's birth and postpartum experience.
As Original Instructions Doulas, we cultivate strong, authentic Doula practice by having a strongly rooted daily self-care practice or ritual(s) which allow us to commune with what we feel is divine guidance, and empty our minds of chatter before entering into sacred and intimate space with mothers and their families.
What assists you in centering yourself may not be what works for others and vice versa, just in the same way that your spiritual or cosmological beliefs are personal. This lesson is meant to help you identify new ways in which to help anchor yourself during very emotionally charged situation, as well as to fortify the healthy daily practices that you already have
*You will need: A journal for personal use